Friday, June 1, 2012

Incognito - Day 1


Every travel is a new experience. As I am wheelchair bound, I am being given special care and attention,.all through the flight and then at the airport.
Day 0.5 has been well enough. People who pushed me through and bear with my slow moving motions, Thank you.
For the deligent work that you men and women do the Country runs smoothly, err with some jerks.

Day 2: As I cannot climb or walk down stairs, I had been provided wheelchairs all through my flight and people have been really considerate and at other circumstances, I have managed. I understand, I am not in a very critical condition. like the others I saw or equally bad in some cases. One incident that I shall never forget and I hope that people need to be a little more sensitive to the needs and pain of others, I would like to share.

I was at the Kuala Laumpur airport en route  Jakarta. I had already had a day long journey behind me, Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Colombo-KL. I also had a lady and her husband travelling with me from Ahmedabad. The lady must have had some issues with her leg and was also using the wheelchair and other times walking about. My Mom got friendly and told them about their condition and our travel and asked about theirs, and they were to vacation at Malaysia.  All was well till we landed at KL. The flight attendant informed me that the wheelchair had come, but I should remain seated so I would not be at discomfort with other passengers disembarking. In this while the lady besides me left. What happened next was a shocker, I go out and the wheelchair is gone, the lady next to me had taken it, coz she had felt that I was not in need of it as she had remarked to her husband earlier during the flight. The KL airport is massive and there was no way I would have walked my way through my departure gate. As the requested wheelchair had gone and there was no other way out I had to walk, after a lot of coaxing and some help from officials I was allotted a wheelchair and we managed the flight just in time. 

I would just like to mention here, I am in tip top condition except that I am unable to put weight or walk on my left leg and for me even with that foot it is difficult to stay confined. I am not complaining against her or anyone. It is necessary that we are sensitive to the pain of the other, their shortcomings and discomfort. Rather than judging a situation, why not be more humble. It just hurt me so much, that incident, that I really needed to put it down. Young or Old does not matter, it is the fact that others are also suffering and we all need to shrug off a little and smile, so it keeps the world going.

More on the travels, later!
Goodnite!

P.S: This one has been written on two different days therefore the above paras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers