Friday, July 13, 2012

All things Big and Small

"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like ;and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that" ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Dogs. Singularly the most loveable things in the world. I grew up picking up pups and being growled, snarled and bitten. But never have I felt a grudge against them or had hard feelings. They have always been a part of my world. Stray road pups are the most adorable people, they will lick u silly and have these deep mushy eyes. We have a large variety strays around the home and they always have been there for generations. Every new pup is celebrated and every death mourned. They are like family and their feelings are of top priority.

If there is a Dog in vicinity, there is a magnetic force that will pull us and I have to cuddle it, to my dad’s irritation. I have seen so many people being scared of dogs, they have their stories behind it and that seems perfectly alright. But those breed surprise me who scare dogs for their fun. Kids who tie crackers on their tails, adults who run behind them on bikes and when they bite to get back, it is beaten till it dies. It is an issue that there is so much dog menace, but it is no issue that we are harassing a part of nature. They came here before we did, we have encroached their living spaces, so why are we behaving as if we own the streets and will kick a stray if he loitering around. In which case the stray will bite u as we are the ones loitering in his house.

We need patience, inner patience, a condition where we do not buly those who cannot protect themselves. Everyone does not need to be educated for everything, there has to be self awareness. We teach our children to respect elders, why do not we teach them to respect animals and environment? The Government will take steps to curb animal nuisance but elimination is never a solution but understanding is.

I love dogs but I do not expect that everyone love them, but yes, I do expect as human beings that each of us respect the Dogs and other animals, they do not have anywhere else to live but the streets or to eat what we throw away. In the name of humanity and love and in peace, let us please know that we are all equals in the eyes of the maker.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers