Monday, June 25, 2012

Forever Friends

I resumed office last week after my fall and my vacation thus ended :( So I took a week to recover from the shock :)

So here I am, back to work, lazy, more than ever before. 

I am slowly returning to normal life, driving, going out in crowds, meeting friends etc. anyway, this post is about something special, rather someone actually someones. these someones are "friends" I made in college, and before I knew it they were "family" and of course when you spend 5 years of your teenage life in a new college with new friends and everything new, you tend to just stick a little more together, coz that’s all you can do to not feel lonely.

When I left college, we all thought, living in the same city we will never separate and keep a track of each other every single minute like we did for the last 5 years, and it did last for a while, there was no leaving each other’s side, irrespective if the other wanted it or not. Things change and they always do, so then slowly the daily meetings turned to weekends, the weekends to fortnight and the fortnight to months. People left city, country in some cases, and life still drags us at its own pace. The slow transition from teenage to adulthood. The feeling that, somewhere something will always remain empty, that I left a part of me in my hostel premises, where that “ME” still lives and will forever do, laughing, hi-fing, revising at 4am, running in circles. That some people did not enjoy college as much but then that’s where we met and that’s what is most important.

There is no particular reason for this nostalgia except that I wish I was still there to be assured and re-assured that we were all saidling in the same ship. We have all become so busy or fearful or so confident that the re-assurances are not asked for neither given. That I do not just walk out of my room and have someone look at me and ask, kya hua, chehra utra hua kyun hai? Chal maar kea aate hai… If wishes were horses……….


And this one is to those someone’s who looked after me, loved me and cared for me and still do. For those persons in whose blogs I continuously find a mention and I chuckle.

2 comments:

  1. I think some part of all of us still lives there with each other, with those endless memories and with the hope that things could be as simple or as complicated like that again...this feeling has started to define us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all live there, in bits n pieces...sometimes in whole...
    those days are gone..and wishes are never horses...but, the re-assurances are always there, sometimes in words, somethings in feel... :) and ofcoz we are all, and shall always sail in the same ship! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers